The Samaritan Inn is a comprehensive homeless program that helps willing people gain dignity and independence.
Position Title: Donation Sorter/Store Clerk
Reports to: Inn Style Resale Store Manager
Summary of the Job:
The Donation Sorter/Store Clerk is responsible for receiving incoming donations and making the initial sort of furniture, household and clothing goods that are saleable and those to be discarded or salvaged. Assist with store operations and deliveries, and pick-ups.
- Responsible for greeting donors/customers, unloading donations and offering receipt.
- Sort donations received:
- Keeps all records as required.
- Keep dock area and backroom work area clean and report any unsafe conditions.
- Remove trash from lot and dispose of it correctly.
- Ensure all safety procedures are properly followed.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Adhere to all safety regulations.
- Attend all store meetings as scheduled.
- Responsible for storing salvage correctly in storage container.
- Unload and load furniture/household goods for donors/customers.
- Assist with store cleanliness, customer service, and customer assistance.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- High school diploma or G.E.D preferred
- Communication Skills, Bi-lingual preferred
- Mathematical Skills
- Reasoning Abilities
- Requires ability to stand for 6-8 hours per day with frequent walking, bending, squatting, pulling and pushing.
- Required to lift items up to 10 pounds to a height up to 6 feet and 11-25 pounds to a height of 3 feet.
- Required to carry items up to 50 pounds for distances up to 25 feet.
Disclaimer: Although The Samaritan Inn has attempted to accurately and thoroughly describe this position, The Samaritan Inn reserves the right to change the same, including to change, add to or subtract from the duties outlined, within the sole discretion of The Samaritan Inn, at any time, with or without advance notice. This position description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This position description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at-will”. The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.