How much does it cost to stay at The Samaritan Inn?

All the services provided to our residents are free of charge. Residents are required to work while in our care, but they are able to use the money they earn to pay down debt, pay their personal bills or save for their future.

Do I have to be Christian or any other religion to stay at The Inn?

No, although our agency was founded by the Collin County Ministerial Alliance (an association of churches in the area), our program respects our residents’ Constitutional right to practice (or not practice) their religious beliefs as they see fit. There are no program requirements for our residents to attend church or practice any religion or faith walk. However, there is a chapel on site with access to Bibles for quiet time. Additionally, we are partnered with several local churches who provide contact details for residents to reach out directly in order to engage with the local faith-based community. We do not provide transportation for these services.   

How long can I stay?

The length of your stay will be determined by the specifics of your case. With the help of your assigned case worker and your input, the length of stay will be dependent on the specific needs you (and your family, if applicable) have (i.e., debt owed, ability to save, etc.). You must be willing to follow the requirements of the program and show an ability to make progress towards being self-sufficient while at The Inn. 

What do I need at intake?

You will need a current government-issued ID and your social security card.  If social security cards are not available, applicants must know their social security number. If you have children with you, you will need the child’s social security card, and it is highly encouraged to have their birth certificates as well. You must be willing to work full time while residing with us. You will also need to be drug and alcohol free for the last 30 days and have no violent offenses on your criminal record. Currently there is a 30-day probationary period allowed if a resident fails the initial drug test for THC. They will be permitted into the program, retested randomly, and must remain clean for the entirety of your stay at the Inn. Exceptions will be made, on a case-by-case basis, for violent offenses older than 10 years. Please visit for more details regarding the intake process.  

Can I bring my pet?

The Samaritan Inn is one of the few homeless programs in the Dallas-Fort Worth area that has kennels to house a resident’s dog. Services are limited by the space available. Please call ahead before planning to bring your dog with you to our campus. Unfortunately, at this time, we are only able to provide housing and care for dogs.  

Does The Inn provide transportation?

Due to reasons that include limited personnel, scheduling, etc., we are unable to provide regular transportation to our residents to go to work or attend churchOn a case-by-case basis, and at the discretion of a case worker, residents may be provided a ride to one-time events like applying for benefits at a government agency or attending a doctor’s appointment. Otherwise, residents are required to provide their own transportation, ride a bike, or walk.  We want to ensure the independence of our residents and set them up for success in the future after their stay at The Inn. Encouraging residents to seek more permanent means of transportation is essential to our program goals and philosophy.  

Is child care provided?

For school-age children: 

The dedicated Family Care Team members assist parents with arranging transportation needs in accordance with the McKinney-Vento Act to ensure the children we serve can remain in their original school districts (if they choose to). They can also assist with enrollment/transportation arrangements for those who wish to transfer to McKinney ISD. Also, to assist resident parents succeed in our program, our trained staff provides child oversight in the mornings from 5 am to 9 am and in the afternoons from 4pm until 9pm Monday-Friday to allow parents to return from work, attend counseling sessions, case worker meetings and/or classes. For all other times, child care is the responsibility of the resident parent. 

 Non-School age children: 

Upon entry, case workers and our child advocate will work with resident parents and help with enrollment for subsidized child care or help build a support system/family to assist with the care of the child. When there is no outside support or a parent is awaiting subsidized childcare, The Samaritan Inn partners with Holy Family School to provide 30 days of paid child care when space is available.  

If I’m a former resident, can I re-apply for intake?

Previous residents may apply for services and residency one year after they have exited The Samaritan Inn the first time. Re-admission will be on a case-by-case basis after a determination has been made on whether the program could still benefit the resident (and their family, if applicable).  

What if I am disabled and unable to work?

The success of our The Samaritan Inn program is partially dependent on the resident’s ability to work and save money. We find that those with a disability or unable to work because they may lose their disability payments are better served by an agency that will not put their disability status in jeopardy. Please contact us for a referral list of other providers in our area. We do allow our residents receiving disability into our program providing they are able to work part-time.

I’m a victim of domestic violence, can I stay at The Inn?

Often times, victims of domestic violence or intimate partner violence require a level of security our program does not offer. For example, our location is common knowledge and our address is listed on the internet. We are unable to provide a high level of security to protect the family from the aggressor. However, if you are a victim of domestic violence in your past that no longer requires that level of protection, then we welcome you to apply for admission. 

Comments are closed.