Position Title: Maintenance Technician
Reports to: Director of Operations
Pay: $15.00- $16.50 per hour, full-time, non-exempt, plus benefits; PTO, medical, dental, vision.
The Maintenance technician employee will be responsible for maintaining the Inn’s buildings and grounds at several locations in McKinney. Will work with program participants, volunteers, and outside vendors in tasks related to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, security, environmental, safety, custodial, and event coordination.
This position requires a team-player attitude (one who is able to work with a variety of groups, i.e. clients, guests, vendors, volunteers, etc.) excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and is attentive to details and effective in project coordination. Must possess a clear understanding of acceptable business practices that demonstrates a commitment to The Samaritan Inn’s overall mission and vision.
The position requires a person who is sensitive to controlling costs and is able to operate within an approved budget.
Demonstrate abilities to work effectively with contractors and others to maintain a facility, to work in a team environment with shared responsibilities, provide excellent customer service to partners, staff, and the public, work without direct supervision, and work on multiple projects at once, establish work priorities and manage time efficiently in order to meet multiple deadlines and goals.
Must understand that volunteers must be respected and treated with dignity and that they are donating their time and talents at no cost to The Samaritan Inn.
Will work with staff, program clients, and volunteers engaged in maintaining the building and grounds in a clean and orderly condition as well as maintaining The Inn’s vehicle fleet and other duties as assigned by the DO.
1. Assist DO with Maintenance Services
- Maintain landscaping of shelter, thrift store, and Gateway Apts.
- Mowing, edging of shelter, thrift store, and Gateway Apts.
- Maintain high levels of cleanliness for shelter, thrift store, and Gateway Apts.
- Manage maintenance emergencies.
- Plan for long-term maintenance needs.
2. Assist DO with The Samaritan Inn Fleet
- Pick up, Van, Shuttle, and Box Truck
- Ensure regular service and maintenance
- Schedule repairs as needed
3. Assist DO with Shelter donations
- Regularly make transfers to the thrift store
- Responsible for Transportation driver
- Determine who and where to disperse excess donation
- Pick up donations from local merchants as required
- Understanding of general maintenance, electrical, plumbing, drywall repair, painting, carpentry, etc.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment, including the use of computers and related software.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Oral and written communications skills.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
Equipment to be used
Lawnmower, weed eater, chain saw, shop vac, drills, assorted power tools.
Typical Physical Demands
- Daily tasks require standing and/or bending for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Work in inclement weather – heat and cold
- Job Type: Part-time
- Pay: $15.00 – $16.50 per hour